HACCP Basic Consultancy : Training + Site Visit
'Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point' (HACCP) has been adopted for use in food processing establishments for many years to ensure safety of food. HACCP looks for hazards in the context of food product safety and controls are then implemented.
The Hong Kong SAR Government has been promoting the use of HACCP systems in the food industry to upgrade their competitive edge in the local and oversea markets.
The introduction of a HACCP program, following the 7 Principles, is considered as a guaranteed food safety system in which consumers, retailers and manufacturers would have renewed confidence in food products and raw materials.
This basic consultancy combines the following two elements into one. It aims to give a preliminary knowledge to participating organizations in the requirements of HACCP :
- Half day HACCP training (on site)
- b) Half day visit to the food processing area
For the half day HACCP training (for maximum 20 staff), the content of training includes :
- What is HACCP
- How to develop HACCP Plan
- Pre-requisite Programmes
- HACCP standard requirements and certification
(Attendance certificate for each participant will be issued.)
For the half day site visit, the content of the visit includes :
- General overview of documents to check its compliance with HACCP
- b) Point out areas of noncompliance especially for Pre-requisite Programs (e.g. personal hygiene, cleaning, maintenance, good storage etc.)
- c) Simple report will be issued.
The above training and site visit activities can be arranged in separate half-day sessions. (if located in Hong Kong).